About video display on the LCD screen.

Hello all:

We are making a video decoder based on PXA255 using IPP libraries from Intel. The mpeg4 video resolution is CIF(352x288), but our LCD screen is 6.4# ( 640x480). But our spec want to a full screen display, which LCD screen should I select? I have seen a handle TV based on LCD , does this type LCD meet our requirement.

Thanks.

ZhouChang

Reply to
dross

Hi ZhouChang, its not too difficult to write a software function that will scale the video output up from the mpeg4 output format to the full screen size, if you have the processing capacity. Just make sure you avoid floating point arithmetic ;)

Going for a TV input LCD may make other text and graphics difficult to read - systems designed for output on interlaced video displays have to add anti-twitter filters to make the text readable (to eliminate flicker and artifacts).

Peter.

Reply to
CodeSprite