In-circuit flash reading?

Hi!

I have an embedded controller devboard and a piece of consumer electronics with some flash memory containing buggy code. I would like to hook up the flash memory (without removing it) to the adress/data lines of the devboard and in this way non-intrusively read out the contents of the flash memory.

Could it work? I suppose I might have to keep to uC on the flash pcb resetted (or in standby?) to keep it from interfering?

Oh, and I would still have to think of a way of piggybacking my wires on a PSOP. Any clues on that one? I'm trying to think of something that would be easier/faster than removing the PSOP, reusable and cheap. =)

Cheers,

Nicke

Reply to
Niclas Carlsson

The address bus of many CPUs are outputs only. Even if that kind of CPU is in reset mode, outputs remain outputs. You'll have to check the CPU datasheets of your piece of consumer electronics to know if the reset mode allows access to its address/data bus from external devices. But a DMA mode would be more appropriate.

Chester

"Niclas Carlsson" a écrit dans le message de news:Xns9500EA14A4D2Fvgodbfslassff@212.50.131.130...

Reply to
Chester