Identifying a ON transistor

Hi all,

I'm working on this car audio power amp. I'd like to at least get the power supply section working (that way I can build my own amp using this PS, or replace all the blown output transistors).

Anyhow, there are 3 MOSFETs per side FZ46N that make up the positive and negative supply rails. Right beside it is a transistor made by ON marked U1620R on one side of the power supply, and U1620 on the other.

They haven't failed, but I can't get any data on what these are. I'm assuming they are a FET of some sort, I'd like to replace them as a precaution.

Does anyone know the website for ON transistors?? I tried google without much luck, and I remember going to their website once.

Thanks ;)

--
Myron Samila
Toronto, ON Canada

ahh,

I've found it.

They are fast rectifiers. ON pn# U1620R is Motorolla pn# MUR1620CTR. sweet ;)

I figured that is what these were, no evidence of biasing components, so..... do more reseach and yee shall find...

-- Myron Samila Toronto, ON Canada Samila Racing http://204.101.251.229/myronx19

supply

the blown

negative supply

of the power

they are a

luck, and I

Reply to
Myron Samila

power supply

all the blown

negative supply

side of the power

assuming they are a

much luck, and I

Google works. First hit on search for "on semiconductors".......Paul

PJ

the power

RS Components in the UK...

list three parts....

447-1462 Diode, Ultra Fast, MUR1620CT, pack ON SEMICONDUCTOR MUR1620CT

348-6485 Diode, Rectifier, MUR1620CTR ON SEMICONDUCTOR MUR1620CTR

380-4805 Diode, Rectifier, Fast, MURF1620CT ON SEMICONDUCTOR MURF1620CT

The one I looked at is in a TO220 case. Note the CT and CTR suffix

Reply to
CWatters