I need some contact protector

I have a Garmin Zumo GPS that resides on a motorcycle outdoors.

There are gold-plated contacts on the bottom of the unit where it mates with its mounting cradle. There may be 20 pins in close proximity to each other along with a 4 pin power lead, a small mini-USB to goes to the XM Radio antenna, and a couple of mini-stereo jacks.

Some of the contacts and plugs are turning green (rain? air?). I used a fiberglass burnisher to clean them up but was wondering about using some dielectric grease on them although it is messy.

Is there something better and not as messy as the grease?

Tia.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Art

VERY WRONG! WD-40 leaves a film that hardens and leaves an insulating layer on the contacts. You want Caig labs, or another brand of contact cleaner and protectant.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida