Hi sorry if this is a daft question but I don't wish to damage my monitor.

Hi sorry if this is a daft question but I don't wish to damage my monitor.

I bought a monitor that states it requires a 12v 2amp input. I can't find any such adaptors with those exact specifications in the UK

Most are below that i.e. 12V 595mA 7.14VA.

Would using an adaptor like that above be okay for the monitor or would it do it some damage.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Your monitor requires a supply voltage of 12.0v (direct current-DC) at a current of 2 amperes (2A, or 2000 milliamps- mA). The adaptor you cite is incapable of this. (595 mA

Reply to
WEBPA

monitor.

find

it

Reply to
Steven Campbell

re:

--

That is an excellent adapter for your needs.

One last thing.... It is vital that the 12 V polarity be correct or you may damage the monitor.

Don

Reply to
Dbowey

may

Thanks for your time. For your curiosity here is the product

Thanks again Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

As the previous poster pointed out this should be OK. Over 2 Amps is OK, under is not - you will be trying to pull more power out of the device than it can deliver.

After double checking to make sure exactly what you want you might check out

no recommendations. I just found it on google. Make sure the plugs are correct.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

That looks ideal for what you want. As mentioned, watch the polarity. Post a link to your monitor's details if you are unsure.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

The 12Volt / 2.5 Amp adaptor would be very good. The monitor will draw what it needs. Just make sure that the polarity is connected properly. If not, the monitor will be instantly damaged!

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG ========================================= WebPage

Electronics

monitor.

find

it

Reply to
Jerry G.

you

Thanks guys for all your help. The Monitor is a Panoview 540. The closest I can find is the Panoview 632 here

and its power supply here

It looks the same as my 540 and has the same power input requirements.

Once again thanks

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Post

I know its not the done thing to answer your own posts but I have just come across this power supply which has the following specs Input voltage 100 - 240Vac Output 6 / 7.5 / 9 / 12Vdc Max current 2000mA

If someone could just verify it is okay, I'll be on my way and leave you all in peace ;o)

Cheers Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

I've used them a couple of times. However, they got my last order wrong. It was a battery short. Since then I've sent them a dozen emails, all of which have been ignored.

Vince.

Reply to
Vince