good beginners breadboard kit?

Can anyone out there recommend a set or parts someone who is getting into circuit design should get? I was thinking if I can find a kit I would buy a breadboard from radio shack , some small wires, and a power supply but I was hoping there was many a starter kit that came with a bunch of capacitors,resistors,transistors,etc.. and a board and power supply. thanks

Reply to
binary digit

was

thanks

I am not sure what your skill level is at this point but you might try picking up a project book....one of those 101 electronic circuit books. Then you will need to get a supply of parts. I would recommend a local electronics surplus company. They usually have grab bags of parts that would probably get you most of what you need. The harder to find parts you may be able to get from a place like Digikey.com. If you don't have a surplus place in your area try

and send them an email request or a call for grab bags and breadboards and such. You pick that stuff up for pennies on the dollar. I know they have sold them since dinosaurs roamed the earth! (unfortunately I was there too!).....good luck.....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac