Fox News Reports Arafat Dead

Wishful thinking on some people's behalf OR shoddy reporting - as is usually the case. Even as late as last night, there was news only of his "coma". One did say he was "brain" dead.... which if that is the case, all but completes his physical death. That is IF that is true. I did hear he was on Life Support, but they didn't specify why, so if he isn't "brain" dead yet - either, then he is not dead - yet! Many go on Life Support and live to tell about it. While his age and perhaps "unknown" condition may dictate otherwise in the end, we can't count him down and out until he is OUT.

I'm not blaming any one news organization for this screw up, but these reporters REALLY need to report FACTS not BULL SHIT. I've seen reports of incidents I was at as a Public Servant, and had to wonder if I was at the same incident - they had it so pumped full of bull shit. I've come to rely very little on many things said via the news until the facts bear themselves out. This urgency to be first for ratings - SUCKS. I'd rate them first - IF ACCURATE. We hear enough bull shit in our lives without being force-fed more. Perhaps they bled the "death" to create more turmoil. Self serving bastards.

As to peace once he were to die... that remains to be seen. No one can tell what the outcome may be. HOPEFULLY it will get better, but it's anyone's guess. Maybe someone more rational could step up to the plate and offer to talk OR - all hell could break loose. We'll find out soon enough. As for US being over there, all we're there for are the Oil interests. Those countries have been fighting since the dawn of man. The US is NOT going to stop CENTURIES of hatred. Pumping billions into that region and military power is - driving our economy to the poor house, killing off our soldiers and getting US to be very hated. We need to step back and let them finish what they have been doing - on their own, THEN go in and mop up.

As for 9/11.... I don't know who all may have been involved, but it is said many Saudi's were. Our so-called friends. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Reply to
Lou

The story going around is they're keeping Arafat on life support, trying to figure out how to access the Swiss bank account... seems ONLY Arafat could access it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

And he made a lot of money selling cement to the Israelis to build the wall.

John

[snip]

There _has_ been finger pointing at the Saudi's but I don't think it's the oil so much as a stable stepping-off point to manage the Middle-East that keeps us there. The biggest problem with the Saudi's is that they are really an extremist Islamic country, and surreptitiously support the terrorist. We ought to flatten them.

Figures for oil imports....

My understanding is that part of Bush's second term plan is to open up Alaska... screw the greenies... full-speed ahead.

...Jim Thompson

Oil is an easy mark for ragging on politicians. True, there is a lot of "wink-wink" and "kiss the right butt" going on between the US and much of the middle-east, but when we throw away the desire to scream and yell at each other, and blame either left or right, there is one incontrovertable fact that simply cannot be overlooked: We need access to the crude.

Blame Bush for kissing up, attack Clinton or doing something similar, it matters not which side it is. What would we do if we pissed off the Arabs cut us off tomorrow? Its not about Bush's cronies getting rich, its not about going to war for oil, its truly about making certain our economy doesn't fall on its arse. We don't get crude from Iraq, so its okay to beat up on them, but.......

It could happen. Not likely, but it could happen. As we depend more and more on other nations for just about everything, we are setting ourselves up for a big fall if we don't toe the line with those upon whom we throw our trust and dependence. Kind of flies in the face of the concept of "independence" doesn't it?

John

Reply to
uvcceet

I'm in, but let's make sure we have sufficient before cutting off our nose to spite our faces :-)

I have always felt that giving away our independence to another nation was treason, and its been committed by both sides, so there is plenty of blame to go around.

John

Reply to
uvcceet

Good, then DON'T say any more.

Reply to
DAW

Terrorist are terrorist. Arafat is/was a terrorist. PLO/PLA whatever, is still a terrorist organization. Arafat sponsored terrorists acts. I don't give a rats ass whether it is against Israel or US.

Remember 9/11!

Reply to
DAW

[snip]

Naaah! Just give Israel some neutron bombs, to minimize the physical damage ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Coma? Let me know when its a coffin. gg

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

not

Might be that the Mossad tried to eliminate him by using Ricin.

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Isn't that a bit of overkill?

Last I heard, Arafat was being kept in a quantum entanglement generator- so he's in a superposition of dead and not dead- kinda like Schrodinger's Cat.

-A "Bother" said Pooh, as the inertial dampeners went offline at warp...

Reply to
Andre