Digibox digital to multiple analogue converter?

Seeing part of Cumbria , England will go totally digital TV October this year

Is there anything like a single digibox that can decode multiple channels and resend on UHF locally to say 2 or 3 more TVs in the same house ? Full set of channels for the main TV with the box and perhaps a homeowners choice of 10 preset channels for feeding via co-ax to the other house TVs via UHF. Re-tuning each TV to that local low power feed of channels

N Cook

Not as far as I am aware, which is why I am building one in my spare time.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

channels

homeowners

TVs

How many million actively used 2,3 or more TV set households in the UK ?

N Cook

I hadn't realised until just reading a newspaper report. Its worse than that. You cannot then record one channel while watching another, post analogue switch off. Let alone time shift more than one channel via 2 VCRs.

N Cook

Some sort of downverter?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson