Nikon coolpix eg-cp11 cable/connector question

I have one of these:

The yellow plug is composite video.

But what is the black plug ? Is that mini/micro USB ? or something else ?

Does this connector have as name ? What kind of technology is this ?

There is also an usb variant.

Anyway I am guessing in the one above... composite video to maybe micro usb ?

The black cylinder thing is the convertor ?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It looks like a USB-mini connector. It IS whatever Nikon uses, which I would bet is USB. But whether it is mini or like the ones phones used for a while, micro I do not know. If the camera is old it is most likely mini.

mini-B, in fact was what the camera folks used for a while there. I am sure they are on high speed stuff now.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You'll have to check the manual. Pentax had a 9-pin'E-USB' connector in the micro USB 'style' - eventually sourced a 'to usb' adapter for a few dollars off-shore. The related video connector showed up in a junk store, but it was also offered off-shore.

No use fooling with the connectors, unless they come with a camera.

RL

Reply to
legg

I would not assume it is a USB connector, though the camera port can switch modes and support a USB connection as well as analog video connection. We see many of these proprietary connections used on cameras with their "multi-purpose" ports. The appropriate applied signal is determined by circuitry inside the camera. The cable has no active electronics. The multi-pin connector is what I would call a "proprietary connector". In other words, it is not a common interchangeable connector, like a mini USB. And the cable is not something you could use on other-brand product. The cable they supply will only work with their brand of product. Nikon sells a separate cable to get the USB connection...

cheers, Rich S.

Reply to
Rich S