MICRONTROLLER COMMUNICATION

Hello

I have a NOKIA CELULAR PHONE that has a internal HAYES MODEM EMULATOR
and i use a DRL3 DATA CABLE for make communication using my PC
throught COMMx SERIAL PORT. The Hayes modem answer to my AT commands.

Recently, i used a microcontroller and i tried to connect to NOKIA
CELULAR PHONE without the DRL3 DATA CABLE and i got success too! I
removed the DRL3 cable and i did a direct connection. The Hayes modem
answered to my AT commands.

I see that the NOKIA has a IRDA option that allows to talk with HAYES
MODEM  too. How is the circuit for transmit data for the modem? I
intend to use my COMMx SERIAL PORT for send AT commands to HAYES MODEM
using a SERIAL to IRDA converter, but, i don't know this circuit
converts 1's and 0's.

My intention is a microcontroller estabilish a comunication with
CELULAR HAYES MODEM without cables using HAYES PROTOCOL.

Thanks!

Miguel Wisintainer

Re: MICRONTROLLER COMMUNICATION

It is a very complicated job to implement IrDA on a microcontroller.
It's a complex protocol, better to buy it than to attempt to write it.

Site Timeline