back of laptop quite hot (insulation wore off)

I have a 2-year old laptop that had some felt-like insulation adhered to the back of a metal plate. It wore off over time and now the hot metal can contact me skin when picking up the laptop or having it on my lap. Does anyone have any ideas on some material I can attach that would be similar. I guess I am searching for some time of adhesive backed foam or rubber. Thanks

Reply to
techman41973

Several layers of duck-tape.

Reply to
I.F.

DUCT(-tape)

  1. An often enclosed passage or channel for conveying a substance, especially a liquid or gas.
  2. Anatomy. A tubular bodily canal or passage, especially one for carrying a glandular secretion: a tear duct.
  3. A tube or pipe for enclosing electrical cables or wires.

(-tape originally designed to seal joints in an "...enclosed passage" or "...tube or pipe")

not

DUCK(-tape)

  1. Any of various wild or domesticated swimming birds of the family Anatidae, characteristically having a broad, flat bill, short legs, and webbed feet.
  2. A female duck.
  3. The flesh of a duck used as food.
  4. Slang. A person, especially one thought of as peculiar.

(-tape: ????)

Reply to
webpa

I'm pretty sure he'd want to use duck tape, because duct tape would be way sticky and messy when it got hot.

Only problem is, I have no idea what sort of tape ducks use.

Instead, I'd clean up the site real well and apply a layer of felt with automotive trim adhesive, or gorilla snot.

--
Noah
Reply to

In article , webpa wrote: :> Several layers of duck-tape. : : :DUCT(-tape) :1. An often enclosed passage or channel for conveying a substance, :especially a liquid or gas. :2. Anatomy. A tubular bodily canal or passage, especially one for :carrying a glandular secretion: a tear duct. :3. A tube or pipe for enclosing electrical cables or wires. : :(-tape originally designed to seal joints in an "...enclosed passage" :or "...tube or pipe") : :not : :DUCK(-tape) :1. Any of various wild or domesticated swimming birds of the family :Anatidae, characteristically having a broad, flat bill, short legs, and :webbed feet. :2. A female duck. :3. The flesh of a duck used as food. :4. Slang. A person, especially one thought of as peculiar. : :(-tape: ????)

But there's also Duck(R) brand tapes from Henkel Consumer Adhesives, Inc. They make several grades of Duck Tape, the most common being a cheap grade of duct tape that carries the warning, "Not to be used on heating appliances."

Bob Nichols         AT comcast.net I am "RNichols42"
Reply to
Robert Nichols

You've really got to admire their opportunistic chutzpah.

What's next, Alofa Bread? Ajuga Wine?

--
St. John
Disco is to music what Etch-A-Sketch is to art.

The brand label says "Duck Tape" so that's what I call it!

Reply to
I.F.

L'gopener Wine......

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Have you been reading verse 12 of the Rubaiyat, by Omar Khayyam?

A Book of Verses underneath the Bough, A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread--and Thou Beside me singing in the Wilderness-- Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!

Reply to
kellrobinson