1n4001 - 1n5401 diodes

Hi all,

I'm using the 1N4001 diode, which is fine, though id like to use the 5401 since they are 3amp, problem is they are a little on the large side, does anyone know of any 2 or 3 amp diodes in the same size package as the 1n4001 ?

thanks, Chris

Reply to
exxos

You'd probably have to look at a Schottky due to power dissipation - at an amp, a 1n400x will be dropping close to a volt, so unless it's soldered into a serious amount of copper or in a strong breeze, you wouldn't be able to get rid of the heat. The lower Vf of a schottky would mean you could probably go to 2A, but I don't know if there is anything Schottky in the same size

Reply to
Mike Harrison