Xilinx Webpack

=_NextPart_000_0010_01C8D134.08D23E80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi all=20

What are the limitations of the free Xilinx Webpack ?=20

Does any one know ?=20

Thanks=20 EC

Reply to
RealInfo

Did you search for that on teh Xilinx website?

-- Uwe Bonnes snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt

Uwe Bonnes

RTWP*,

Austin

  • try 'reading the web pages'
Reply to
austin

RTFM would have been appropriate, here, but I understand that your position mandates some self control.

8}

Bob

--
== NOTE: I automatically delete all Google Group posts due to uncontrolled
SPAM ==

Some suggest support for SXT; some say there is no such support. Which is correct?

Reply to
Pete Fraser

Pete,

Do you have a specific part number?

I will look into it for you.

I know there are some very small omissions/confusions regarding some parts and/or speed grades. For these there are "corrective actions" being worked (to make documentation consistent and accurate).

Austin

Reply to
austin

I was going to develop using the ML506, so that would be the XC5VSX50T FFG1136. Although the actual product might use the FF665C.

mentions support for SXT, but
doesn't.

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Fraser

Pete,

There are no V5 SX devices in webpack.

Austin

Reply to
austin

I have the webpack installed. I compared the PDF to device selections for V2P, V4, and V5.

The Webpack does not support any SXT.

The following devices are selectable in Webpack, but missing in the PDF list: XC5VLX20T XC2VP20 VC2VP30

The V4 device list matches available selections. The Spartan3 list also looks correct.

Reply to
MikeWhy

Mike,

Thank you. I have forwarded this off the the folks responsible. It is important that we get the documentation as accurate as possible.

I think the original post concerned itself with "we don't document what we don't have" which is a more generic problem. I have two blogs on the subject in the mill for the Xilinx blog spot:

So, stay tuned.

Ken's latest blog is pretty interesting, too.

Austin

Reply to
austin