Link between AT91SAM9263 Mac and Phy

Hello All,

I am doing a project to establish a link betwen AT91SAM9263 MAC and Teridian MicroPHY. I am a beginner in this field. I have U boot code which provides interface configuration between AT91SAM9263 MAC and Devicom PHY (opeartes in RMII mode). Since Teridian MicroPHY operates only in MII mode I have configured EMAC_USRIO to MII mode (Clk is 25 Mhz). After all this configuration I enabled Auto Negotiation but was not able to setup a ethernet link.

As per my understanding when auto-negotiation is enabled Phy will send pulses and determine the suitable configuration. I am not sure to whom Phy sends the pulse, does it send to MAC or the ethernet cable side. Can anyone help me in understanding this better.

Now I have disabled Auto-Negotiation and manually configured both MAC and Phy register to Full-Dupex and 100Base-TX, but still not able to setup a link. When Ping command is sent software gets stuck waiting for Transmittion Complete flag (TSR register) to be set and also the link status in Phy status register is not set.

I have disabled Phy interrupts does this cause any problem? I am not able to understand how the MAC comes to know that a Data is there on the data lines without any interrupt being generated. Again help required regarding this.

Thanking in Advance.

Best regards, Ashwin B

Reply to
Ash