Xilinx ISE7.1

does anybody try it with a different linux platform from red hat enterprise? I have a debian testing and it don't work

Eric Smith ha scritto:

Reply to
antonio bergnoli

Download the shell script. Edit the script to not erase the payload on error: #!/bin/sh # This script was generated using Makeself 2.1.2 CRCsum="3131057736" MD5="00000000000000000000000000000000" TMPROOT=${TMPDIR:=/tmp}

label="Xilinx ISE WebPACK Installer" script="./setup" scriptargs="" targetdir="wpdl_all_lin.build" filesizes="390880212" keep=y ^^^^^^^ Change from n to y

Now run again. The directory "wpdl_all_lin.build" should get created.

Try to find "libcurl.so.2" and copy to wpdl_all_lin.build/platform/lin/bin

set the DISPLAY variable to :0

Run wpdl_all_lin.build/setup...

Uwe Bonnes

Most likely you don't have the versions of libraries it wants, or (if you're running 6.3i) you're not setting up the environment variables that it needs.

I've been running ISE 6.3i on Fedora Core 3 (x86_64 version) on an Athlon 64 for a while now, and on the regular x86 version of FC3 on a laptop, and it works fine, but I had to set some environment variables to get it going. IIRC, to install it I said something like:

DISPLAY=:0 LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.7 ./setup

I don't like setting special environment variables in my ~/.bash_profile that are only needed by one program and may interfere with other programs (like LD_ASSUME_KERNEL), so to run the installed programs, I use a bash script in my ~/bin directory called x63:

#!/bin/sh x=$HOMExilinx/ise63 export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.7 export DISPLAY=:0 source $x/settings.sh $x/bin/lin/$1

The way I normally use it is to say "x63 ise", but you can invoke other tools like fpga_editor as well. This trivial script doesn't have provision for passing command line arguments, but that could easily be added.

I just installed ISE 7.1i on Fedora Core 3 last night. It needed a few older libraries from Fedora Core 2, libcurl.so.2, libcurl.so.2.0.2, libXm.so.3, and libXm.so.3.0.2. I extracted those from the Fedora Core 2 RPMs (curl-7.11.1-1.i386.rpm and openmotif-2.2.3-2.i386.rpm), and put them in ~/xilinx/oldlibs. I think libcurl was only needed by the installed, but I haven't verified that. I did the install by saying LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/xilinx/oldlibs ./setup

My script for running 7.1i is:

#!/bin/sh x=$HOME/xilinx/ise71 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/xilinx/oldlibs source $x/settings.sh $XILINX/bin/$PLATFORM/$1

Thus far I've been able to rebuild all my old 6.3i projects with 7.1i, and everything seems to work except that synthesis errors apparently cause ISE to try to invoke some kind of script, and that appears to be failing. But the synthesis error messages show up in the report file so I don't care too much.

I tried installing the 64-bit version on the Athlon 64 system, but ran into many more problems with it, and wasn't able to resolve them all. However, I have a BaseX license, and it appears that BaseX isn't supported in 64-bit, so perhaps it wouldn't have worked for me even if I'd solved the other problems.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

I had to do that with 6.3i, but 7.1i doesn't seem to need it.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith