Xilinx: generic tristates and multiplexers

Hello all,

I have a problem with internal tristates in Xilinx Virtex-2. They basically don't exist, although are widely used in the documentation. Imagine you have N dual port rams with the enable inputs attached to the output of a tristate like this:

g_loop: for x in 0 to N-1 generate nEnable(x)

Reply to
JL

One option is to permanently drive the tri-state bus with "H".

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

Thanks Brian, that works. Just one hint: the line driving the bus to 'H' must be enclosed between "synopsys translate_off" and "synopsys translate_on" metacommands. Like this:

g_loop: for x in 0 to N-1 generate nEnable(x)

Reply to
JL

A very good idea. (Of course I thought about it just after posting)

To some extent, this is a tools issue. I seem to recall Leonardo coping with this, as it should, but your suggestion is good practice anyway.

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond