Xilinx eagle package (PQ208)

Hi all,

Is there a Xilinx PQ208 package available anywhere for Eagle (I have a registered 4.09r2) that works with the autorouter ?

Whenever I place even any of the library components in the cadsoft-supplied xilinx.lbr, I get an unroutable component (try 2 of the XC4000-type components, and click autoroute). I tried setting the routing grid low (1 mil) and the ripup options high (10x defaults) but still no joy - all I see at the end of the autoroute is maybe 1 or 2 lines routed and the rest is still a ratsnest...

If I have to, I'll make a library component, but I'm not too experienced with the subtleties of autorouting on mixed mm/in grids (the PQ208 is in mm, most other components are in inches) and whether the component needs any special treatment because of that. Pre-built would give me a warmer feeling inside [grin].

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
Simon

Check your design rules. If you have the pad-wire clearence set too high, the router can't get a wire into a pad because the adjacent pads are too close.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Hal Murray

I can't answer your question, sorry.

I post here just to tell that I would be interested to get an eagle libray with XC9536-in vq44 package and XC9572 in vq100 package. Anyone got it? (I'm not able to use .scr files for xilinx parts available on eagle website)

Thanks

"Hal Murray" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@megapath.net...

Reply to
Mouarf