Autorouter Running and Moving Parts at Same Time

I was fooling with the PCB autorouter again.. I let it autoroute everything for fun..(Autoroute this fr'g ratsnest with one layer... with proper grounding....ha!)

It's hypnotizing to watch all the attempted paths. A hint of artificial intelligence...

While the program was autorouting, I moved the mouse over the part and clicked to drag...Nothing.... :( It was worth a try..

Are there autorouting programs that allow parts to be moved while the program struggles to make connections. I could see the autorouting attempts and move parts into better locations until paths improve.

Would this be a helpful feature? Does it exist and which program?

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

There are almost infinite ways to improve an autorouter. There already are better ones and ahem, toys. It is the toy stuff that is advertized as fully functional with a big hype. As long as there appears to be a hint of artificial intelligence - this is the toy stuff. They do almost infinite tries while you as watcher already know the optimal track.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Hi D from BC,

No problem, that's normal ;-)

Try mentor graphics Pinacle PCB. I like this nice tool. the autorouter is always on, if you like it. And it is able to do his Job like I want to do it. You simply drag a component and the autorouter pushes all the wires in a way that i can drag the component in that place I want. Oh there are much more nice having functions like this. The only feature that this tool don't have is a low price ;-)

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz

Cool :) Taken from:

|The award winning routing capabilities of the Expedition Series go way beyond being a good autorouter. For example, the interactive router automatically re-routes neighbouring nets, vias and copper planes as you interactively route a net through a partially completed board.|

Bummer...No 30 day trial...and requires Windows NT?? D from BC

Reply to
D from BC