Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux

Hi all, I have managed to get the Xilinx command line tools running on linux under wine, however last night while trying to program my device I hit a bit of a wall. After reading the archives of this group, I see that that the iMPACT tool won't run under linux.

I have a home made parallel III cable and am trying to program an XC9536 CPLD.

How are other people doing this?

Thanks so much for any help/advice you can provide, regards, James Fitzsimons

Reply to
James

xilinx has released the native linux version.

Reply to
leon qin

Could you give me a link?

Reply to
James Fitzsimons

leon qin

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it looks like this isn't available in the WebPack version for at least another month. Anyone got any other suggestions until then?

Reply to
James Fitzsimons

James wrote: : Hi all, : I have managed to get the Xilinx command line tools running on linux : under wine, however last night while trying to program my device I hit : a bit of a wall. After reading the archives of this group, I see that : that the iMPACT tool won't run under linux.

: I have a home made parallel III cable and am trying to program an : XC9536 CPLD.

: How are other people doing this?

NAXJP

can help.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

wait,wait,wait

Reply to
leon qin

The ISE 6.1i WebPACK will be release at the end of September, but will not include Linux support. ISE BaseX, Alliance and Foundation do include native Linux, but only support the Multilinx cable until the 6.2i release in February.

Use a Windows machine for download.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Lass

We wrote a SVF player for our Chameleon POD. We have ported this SVF Player on Linux two weeks ago, and it works well. (SVF Player is a script placed in our Chameleon Programmer software

I need to check with my Team if we can play with XC9536 CPLD.

So, if you really need a Linux solution, we can have a SVF solution. Contact me directly for more on this issue.

Larry

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ------------------ Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!

-- See

----