XC2VP125

The mighty P125.

It's on datasheets from 2002, but it's not on the website anymore.

Anyone I've asked about it has told me they don't think that it was never made, certainly never for more than engineering samples. Then I read a paper where they claim to have "implemented on Xilinx Virtex-II Pro XC2VP125." I'm not so sure they did, but a quick search found the supplier below claiming that such chips were available, in both industrial and commercial grades. What's the deal?

Robin

Reply to
Robin Bruce

Its my understanding that Xilinx paper launched the 2vp125 in response to a large Altera part. A customer never materialized with a big enough order to justify fabbing the monster, but the tools did (and perhaps still do) support the part. The paper you are refering to probably just produced a bitstream for the part. If you'll notice, the website you refer to does not list any quantities for the 2vp125 as they do for the 100 part.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Craven

Thanks,

That more or less tallies with what I thought. I think the people who wrote the paper I'm alluding to wanted to slightly obscure the fact that they had only taken it so far as simulation, and not actually implemented it in hardware. And their plan would have worked perfectly had it not been for their targeting of a non-existent part :-)

Cheers,

Robin

Reply to
Robin Bruce