XC2V250 protoboard

Does anyone know of any inexpensive XC2V250 prototype boards for partial reconfiguration experiments with JBits? Inexpensive meaning about $300-$600 or thereabouts. The lists at Xilinx and fpga-faq.com have lots of cheap Spartans-3 (which are awful for reconfiguration) and large Virtex (2V1000+) boards, but little in the lower range Virtex-II except a $150 XC2V50 from Avnet. -- thank you

Reply to
Keith R. Bolson

I don't have a specific board to suggest - just something else you want to consider for partial reconfiguration experiments. The layout of the IO on the device is crucial, due to the rules of signals crossing reconfigurable modules, and "ownership" of IOBs by columns and so on.

Ideally you probably want a board that has system-level IO on the left and right edges, and module-level IO along the top and bottom edges.

I'm not sure if anyone has a board that's really laid out for partial-reconfig experimentation.

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams

If you can get JBits to work with V2Pro, there's a cheap xc2vp4-board from Memec/Insight for $199. You'ld also have to ask them for the schematics because AFAIK they are not readily available off the net (unless you bought the kit and are willing to register on their web site with the serial no. of it).

(I'm really not a big JBits user, does it support V2Pro these days? If not, I guess my post becomes pretty pointless.)

regards,

-g

--
In crustulum beatitas.
Reply to

Can you please post the link to this board, or the name of it ? I can not find it. And how long does it take to deliever ? I am in germany too.

Thanks

Steven Yu

Reply to
Steven

I'm not in the office where the board is (not even in Germany ;) ), but if I remember correctly, the name is DS-KIT-2VP4-LC(-EU). You can also check the Xilinx website, products / development boards / virtex2pro, it should be listed there.

regards,

-g

--
In crustulum beatitas.