Inexpensive Developer Boards

I'm looking for an inexpensive development board (< $300).  It needs at
minimum ethernet and serial interfaces, though having a wifi interface
that could be passed to a directional antennae would be even better than
ethernet.  It can run off of either a solid state or a hard drive.

This is actually just a gadget that I'm helping a friend build, but
would like to gain experience in doing embedded development in Linux
along the way.

Anyway, let me know.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Bartlett

Re: Inexpensive Developer Boards

http://www.acmesystems.it /

Re: Inexpensive Developer Boards

Check out:

http://www.soekris.com/products.htm

I've used their boards in the past - they are good, well-supported, and
worth the money.

I recommend buying a case for the board you pick.  The case is usually
an extra 30 USD.  Here's a picture of an example case:

http://www.soekris.com/bundles.htm

OBDisclaimer: I don't work for, or derive income from Soekris.

Good luck.

Re: Inexpensive Developer Boards
http://www.jp-embedded.com might also be what you are looking for, 2 x
ethernet + 4 x mini-pci.

Re: Inexpensive Developer Boards
I keep eyeing these boards:

http://www.embeddedarm.com/epc/prod_SBC.htm

Pretty sweet setup, and the price is right ($150 USD).  Lots of folks
using them and there is a Yahoo group supporting the TS7200 development
effort.

Standard disclaimer:  Don't work for 'em/with 'em...just tempted by
'em.

John

Re: Inexpensive Developer Boards

I should be able to file a first-hand report shortly....  After months
of convincing the higher-ups of the need to use linux rather than a
propriatary solution I have a test board on the way....

Re: Inexpensive Developer Boards
: > I keep eyeing these boards:
: >
: > http://www.embeddedarm.com/epc/prod_SBC.htm
: >
: > Pretty sweet setup, and the price is right ($150 USD).  Lots of folks
: > using them and there is a Yahoo group supporting the TS7200 development
: > effort.
: >

: I should be able to file a first-hand report shortly....  After months
: of convincing the higher-ups of the need to use linux rather than a
: propriatary solution I have a test board on the way....

The Yahoo group is at

You might like to look at some info I put together about a year ago (for
my local LUG) on the TS7200 at

  http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/jj/linux/arm-sbc.html

all the best

Site Timeline