Why I cannot use the XAUI core(generated by xilinx)

I use COREGEN to generate XAUI(choose device Virtex5 110t), but I cannot do simulation with modelsim6.1f. It is always reporting the following error. I think maybe there is something in modelsim needed to set. Please to help me. Thank you!

vsim work.testbench # Loading d:\Xilinx91i\smartmodel\nt\installed_nt/lib/pcnt.lib/ swiftpli_mti.dll # ** Error: (vsim-3193) Load of "d:\Xilinx91i\smartmodel\nt \installed_nt/lib/pcnt.lib/swiftpli_mti.dll" failed: DLL dependent library not found. # ** Error: (vsim-PLI-3002) Failed to load PLI object file

Reply to
mynewlifever

The most likely cause is that you have not properly installed the SmartModels on your system. More information on how to do this can be found here:

There is also something weird in the path names that might be causing a problem as it contains both forward and back slash characters. I am not sure how that may have happened, but it looks like something has mixed up DOS vs UNIX directory styles.

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Hi,

Please follow all the instructions in Solution Record: 24800.

Pay specific attention to the part about putting the LMC_HOME in the path variable.

Thanks Duth

Reply to
Duth