who can help me? i want to know the bitsream format of Virtex-II

if anyone know and is going to give me a hand, many thanks here!

Reply to
lioupayphone

It's binary format, but you can see the design file name, chip ID and date & time of creation in the first

64 bytes if you open it in winhex editor.
Reply to
Frank

Binary format and secret! Good for protecting designs against piracy but too many problems for those who want to do dynamic reconf :-(

Mehdi

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

Is not so difficult, is question of patiente and experience and know very well what you are doing.

Javier

Reply to
Javier Castillo

Yeah I was aware of that, dynamic reconf is a nightmare. Worked on that thingy before and never again.

Reply to
Frank

Patience is an understatement. The tools for partial reconfiguration are virtually non-existent. Without suitable tools, using dynamic partial reconfiguration in a design is a lot of painstaking work, and with the size of the devices available today is not economically justified in the vast majority of applications. A comprehensive set of tools for working with partial reconfiguration could easily change that, but I don't expect to see the necessary extensions to the tools any time soon.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

"GaLaKtIkUsT" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

there is some info about the format available :)

and a utility

bit2frames can be used to find some bit locations, etc...

supports spartan3 converts .BIT file to redable "frames dump"

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats