What is the difference ?

What id the defference between CPLD and FPGA ?

Except Speed ?

Reply to
Ali

CPLD's smaller than FPGA's CPLD's non-volatile, FPGA's need to be programmed on power up CPLD's take longer to program, FPGA's can be programmed quickly

The above is just my impression. I've only worked with FPGA's.

-Dave

--
David Ashley                http://www.xdr.com/dash
Embedded linux, device drivers, system architecture

Ali schrieb:

This is a FAQ. Indeed its also a FWAQ (Frequently Wrong Answered Question).

(I choose one autor out of the regulars, who knows what he's writing. If you like, you should read all messages found with

)

bye Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Stanka