VME 2 Ghz clock generator

Hi,

I am loooking for a VME 2 Ghz clock/sync generator board. I find that:

-VMETRO XCLK1

-Pentek 6890

Is there a board mixture of the two : clock generator + synchronous trigger @2Ghz ?

Thanks!

Reply to
LilacSkin

The Pentek has a delivery time of 10 weeks starting at a price of 5k$.

At that price and time scale you might be able to find someone who configures the MGTs of any XC5VLXT evaluation board to perform that function.

While the jitter specified for the MGT outputs is a lot higher (10ps IIRC) you should be aware that that value is for random data patterns. If you output a periodic clock the value should be significantly lower.

Kolja Sulimma

Reply to
Kolja Sulimma

I need slow jitter clocks ! In fact what I need is:

-A 2Ghz slow jitter clock generator with a internal 10 Mhz ref or external : XCLK1 VMETRO

-8 trigger signals synchronised with a 2 Ghz clock : Pentek 6890 (software/hard input)

-in a VME looks like ECSG-1RHSCT MERCURY board.

One solution is to plug the XCLK1 VMETRO on the Pentek 6890. But I don't need know if pentek can personalized their boards in order to put a PMC carrier.

Reply to
LilacSkin

You probably mean low jitter.

This board will do that

You need an engineer to configure the FPGA and you need to build a case to fit it into a VME crate if that really is that important for you.

Kolja Sulimma

Reply to
Kolja Sulimma