Virtex-II Pro Core Voltage on ML300

The core voltage on Xilinx Eval board ML3000 is 1.65V, according to both schematic diagram and user's guide. It is not 1.5V as datasheet says. Can somebody shed light on why?

Thanks

-qlyus

Reply to
qlyus

qlyus,

Yes. I can do that.

Initial samples from the very first lots of silicon required a Vccint of

1.65 volts due to a design issue (check with your FAE to read the errata list for the ES parts). This was more than two years ago, now.

This issue was addressed (fixed) long before we started shipping production parts.

Since 1.65 volts is allowed per the absolute maximum specifications, and the parts were tested at these conditions, we could ship them as ES, and be assured that they would meet all applicable specifications.

Please be certain that the board and part you have is from this early lot, as it will be marked with the "ES" marking, rather than the standard production marking.

I am assuming this is a ML300 board, not a ML3000....

Aust> The core voltage on Xilinx Eval board ML3000 is 1.65V, according to

Reply to
Austin Lesea