Using PECL inputs and PLL's in ProASIC Plus.

Hello, I am trying to use the PECL inputs of a ProASIC Plus APA075 device, independently of the PLL blocks. The two PECL inputs (one on each side of this device) can be used independently of the PLL by assigning the GLPE or GLPEMIB macros, which use a global line each. But I'm also using both PLL blocks on the device, although I only require one output from each it seems that I have to assign a global resource to both of the PLL outputs. This is a problem since there are only 4 globals available, so the PLL's use them all and I don't have any spare for the PECL inputs. Can anyone advise whether it is possible to have both PLL's and both PECL inputs available at the same time? Mark Lesha

Reply to
mlesha

I tried to do something similar on a previous project, and the Liber fitter would not let me. If I remember correctly, it is an architectura limitation.

Reply to
RCIngham