USB JTAG simultaneously

Hello,

I am working on a project using the i.MX21 processor having the ARM926EJ-S core.

The processor contains the USB controller on chip. The board also has a JTAG interface for debugging.

My current problem is that, I need to write a small basic driver to check if the USB sub-system is working on my hardware.

Now need to use two USB ports of my development station (Windows PC) for this to work. One of them will be connected to the USB-JTAG convertor (usbWiggler) for loading the program into the processor. and the other will be connected to the usb port of my board.

Will connecting of the two USB ports of the PC to a same target may result in any problems ? Has anybody heard of such a thing ?

Reply to
ksashtekar

They are not the same targets. The JTAG adapter USB is a connection to the controller in the JTAG pod, not to your target CPU. You should not have any problems.

If you are verifying your USB driver on the ARM you might want to get a USB bus analyzer. I use an inexpensive (relatively) device called the Beagle, works quite well for USB 2.0 full speed devices. Jack Peacock

Reply to
Jack Peacock