unified protocol

Hai,

Any anyone can list test cases to verify unified protocol.

regards, raj

Reply to
raj

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have won today's "Least well specified question" prize.

;-)

Reply to
RCIngham

hai ,

can anyone suggest how to test and verify unified protocol layers?

regards, raj

Reply to
raj

Yes...anyone can suggest anything.

Perhaps if you ask a more specific question instead of an open ended one you'll get better responses.

KJ

Reply to
KJ

It seems there is no "Unified Protocol" standard that is obvious from a quick Google search.

Is there a *specific* "Unified Protocol" you are interested in and, if so, have you looked at the official website fo the group that controls that standard? Often there are test standards available or links to companies that can provide testing IP.

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

Hai,

Unified protocol is MIPI standard.

In general i would like to know what is the maximum data that can be exchanged between the devices using this protocol?

what are the various modes of data exchange?

regards, raj

Reply to
raj

For anyone but 'raj' who is interested, apparently he is talking about a as-yet-to-be-released standard:

I think he's going to be on his own here...

Toodle-pip!

Reply to
RCIngham

The MIPI standards are available for download to any member, or employee of a member company. My company is a listed member, so I just went and registered. I got a registration response back in less than 5 minutes.

Your question is unclear. Do you want to know how much data can be transferred in one packet, or the maximum throughput in units/secs? Note that the second answer depends on what level you are measuring the value (L1 - L4), what bit rate you are running at, and how many lanes (1-4) you have.

RB

Reply to
Rube Bumpkin

Hai,

I want to know how different is unified protocol compared with OSI and TCP/IP?

regards, raj

Reply to
raj

I'd say that you need to get attached to a member company and get the documents. There is a good comparison between the L1-L4 stack and the OSI stack in the reference. I'm not sure it can be compared to TCP/IP since one is truly point-to-point, in a small device such as a camera or phone, and the other is for multipoint, usually much larger, networks.

RB

Reply to
Rube Bumpkin