J Tag Protocol

hi all

has anyone got any documents or refferals for 'J Tag Protocol ' , for reconfigurable hardware. i would appreciate if any tutorials or realted links/documents can b passed on . thanks abhishek

Reply to
ABS

"ABS" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

I bet almost anyone here has...

but JTAG primary function is BOUNDARY SCAN and not hardware reconfiguration, even though lots (virtually all) current FPGA allow configuration over JTAG interface

it takes a few seconds to find those documents by googling for them, if you are too lazy for that there is no one who can help you.

Antti PS I admire 'creative lazyness' but not people who are just lazy.

Reply to
Antti Lukats

On the grounds I want to find out if the OP is creatively lazy...

The relevant specifications are:

for pure JTAG (testing) IEEE 11.94.1 - (year) [there are a number of releases. Most devices comply with the 1994 release] For In System programmable devices using JTAG IEEE1536. Note that the 'BSDL' files for ISP specify the 1536 compatibility (See Altera or Xilinx docs)

For testing cores with 'standard' interfaces, such as EJTAG (MIPS) or such as ARM core access, you would need to search for the specific information. EJTAG and ARM core JTAG access protocols are published, but not necessarily free. Both 1194 and 1536 are published, but not free, although there is a wealth of available information if you want to learn about it.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

The descriptions you give are accurate but the standard numbers are

1149.1 for boundary-scan and 1532 for > Antti Lukats wrote:
Reply to
Neil Glenn Jacobson

hey mate that was just i heard from some one about the protocol while on the group that i posted it ! I have already googled it--it's pretty basic for anyone to google the general stuff,but if some one asks u over the group then obviously it has to be some thing special which every one doesnot have acess to ! thanks anyways for ur efforts abhishek

Reply to
ABS

"ABS" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

you asked in very unclear manner... so my non so friendly reply was based on that, there are lots of documents about JTAG standards but the original standard docucs are on 'paid only' bases unfortunatly. you did not ask for special just thing, just 'any docuements...'

the 1149.1 is no problems to handle without having the access to the original specification docu, the 1532 is a bit harder just reading the 1532 BSDL files helps a bit but having the 1532 real documentation would be better of course

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats