tri0 GSR = glbl.GSR;

Hello,

I am using Cadence NC-Sim to simulate my design.

The compilation is OK.

After the elaborator process I got the message : (...\NCSIM\FDPE.v,35|22): Hierarchical name component lookup failed at 'glbl'.

In the primitive FDPE.v, it refers to the following line :

... tri0 GSR = glbl.GSR; ...

How should I define glbl.GSR ?

Regards, Julien

Reply to
Julien Lochen

Please check

HTH, Jim

Julien Lochen wrote:

Reply to
Jim Wu

I use the GUI (NCLaunch) to compile and elaborate and here is what I do...

1) I put the 'glbl.v' file in my simulation directory (same directory that I point NCLaunch to as my 'design directory'). 2) I compile this file along with all my other Verilog files. 3) I select both the glbl and whatever testfixture I am using and elaborate those at the same time. 4) Then you can sim as normal.

The above is doing the same as the command line options. I just find it easier and faster. I am lazy though. You could easily create scripts for this if you want to. If you don't use the GUI, then I guess this post doesn't help! But it took me a while to figure this out and I couldn't find the answer here, so maybe it will help others.

Reply to
motty