timer-interrupt not recognized

Hello,

i'm currently triing to get an opb-timer to work. The timer is connected to the ppc via an opb-interruptcontroller. I was (exactly) following the Xilinx-Tutorials (Chapter "Memory-Management" in the Embedded Systems Tool Guide). The problem is i won't recieve any interrupts generated by the timer. When connecting the timer-interrupt-output to an led, the led stays off. I tried different combinations:

- with / without intermidiate interruptcontroller

- with dynamic-handler-registration (per programming-API) / with harded interrupt-handler-registration in system.mhs

Finally i took the example c-sources supplied in the memory-management-chapter and compiled/executed them with an appropriate edk-design (i was adding the neccesary components and renamed the instances, so that no additional changes to the sources had to be made, system.mhs and system.mss were edited accordingly).

But even with those examples provided by xilinx i wont get the timer to work. At the moment i've got ne idea what could be the reason. I'm using EDK6.2 and a Virtex2Pro (P7V2) Developement Board (Memec-Design).

So if anyone has had similar problems i'd be very thankful for a hint. Regards Patrick Siegel

Reply to
Patrick Siegel

Did you try to use the ppc internal timer?

Reply to
Andi

Well, that might be a good idea. I just watched the API and using the PIT seems pretty easy, although i cannot try until january, and using the opb-timer was looking pretty easy, too. And i hope the PIT will work as expected/described: if i understand the docs right then the ppc405 on the fpga is some sort of 'lightweight'-ppc, missing some of the oroginal features.

Although using the PIT might save some fpga-resources (at least the opb-timer, the interrupt-controller is needed elsewhere, too).

But it won't solve the problem of the missing opb-timer-interrupt, for i really would like to know what my/the mistake is.

Regards Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Siegel