VGA timing

Hi there.

I'm new to PLD devices, and thought that building a VGA controller would be fairly simple. I can't for the life of me get the damn thing to work though, more specifically I can't get the monitor to sync. I've disconnceted Green and Red and have tied Blue high. I'm trying to spit out 640x480 at 52Hz.

I'm hoping that I've done something really simple wrong with the timings, so I've uploaded the output of a simulation - can anyone have a look at it and tell me if I have? Thanks..

Simulation output is at http://82.147.17.182/vga.vwf . Thanks.

Reply to
Alan Randomdude

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Alan Randomdude) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Here's a document that we wrote on a VGA generator. Maybe it will help you get your sync timing correct.

Dave Van den Bout
XESS Corp.
PO Box 33091
Raleigh NC 27636