Synplify on Fedora C2

I'm trying to run Synplify on a Fedora Core 2 platform but I get the following error message:

"relocation error: /../synplify_77/linux/mfw/lib-linux_optimized/libkernel32.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"

I'm in no way a Linux expert so this means nothing to me.

Advice?

regards David Kallberg FPGAworld

Reply to
David Kallberg

Followup to: By author: snipped-for-privacy@fpgaworld.com (David Kallberg) In newsgroup: comp.arch.fpga

/../synplify_77/linux/mfw/lib-linux_optimized/libkernel32.so:

Presumably it means they've linked a Windows application against the MainWin library. MainWin seems to be stuck in the world of RedHat 7. The above error means that the library in question is not thread-safe, which is no longer supported.

I don't know if there is a way around it (I tried a long time ago with no success), other than installing RH7 in a subdirectory and use chroot.

-hpa

Reply to
H. Peter Anvin

I got similar error message before when I ran ISE for Linux. To solve it, I need to type "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1" in the shell. Hope that it can also solve your problem.

Cheers, Tyrone

/../synplify_77/linux/mfw/lib-linux_optimized/libkernel32.so:

Reply to
Tyrone Kwok

The solution is to set the following variable...

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

However, my nodelocked license did'nt support Linux so it did'nt work anyway...

Reply to
David Kallberg

Le Fri, 08 Oct 2004 04:56:42 -0700, David Kallberg a écrit :

Synplify works great under Linux (RH9) with a floating license and a license server. You need the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL trick with many softwares: Cadence, Altera, Xilinx, etc...

--
Stéphane ACOUNIS
«Chaque fois, chaque fois, chaque fois, que je te vois,