State Machine Coding?

Hello, I am writing a character controller using Altera MAXII device. This controller will monitor the input signals from lpt port. I make a simulation and download to real chip to verify function, but unfortunately it won't work as I designed. The simulation show that the state translate signals was initiated abnormal.. I pass this to Altera local FAE, no one knows why, and their "my support", no response. I also make the simulaiton on their QII 4.1 and 4.2, the result is the same. Since I can't post my code and result here. If you are interested, I can mail to you for your reference!

Thank you in advance.

BR, Johnson

Reply to
Johnson Lee

It won't work as you *expected*.

If the simulation doesn't work, there is a design error. Debug it.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Well, My simulation is ok! But the result is not as what I planned to have. I abstracted some codes and attached in below for your reference:

--------------------------------------------------------------------- PROCESS( RST, FLAG2, TP41, TP11, TP51, TP31) BEGIN IF RST='1' THEN BIOS1_ck

Reply to
Johnson Lee

Check out this CPLD tool

CPLD0100-00 MAINBOARD FACT

  • Quick affirmation of a logical design
  • Affordable system
  • Free upgrades over internet
  • Simple 5V system with a single 9V supply
  • LAB board on PCB for own experiments
  • Strap:s in separate box included
  • Target is ATF1508, allows for verification of 1504 and 1502 design:s
  • ProChip 4.0 in packet
  • 64 channel pre connected scanner for all I/O of the ATF1508
  • Menu driven system
  • ATF1508 in delivery
  • Quick at debugging level and design

This should allow you to single step your PLD at 1 Hz or less , while feeding it with stimuli form your PC. It will record what is happening and can store the output values back on the PC.

Cost of the board is about $600 + VAT.

Built to work with the Atmel CPLDs. If you wan tto try with others, you have to find out a way to adapt.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Consider a synchronous design.