spartan3 power supply

Hi

i'm going to use spartan3 50K fpga . If i have a 3.3 input voltage to my card do i have to create 2.5V and 1.2V . i was wandering also what is the evarage current that the spartan3 consume from those powers.

i will use something like 80% from the chip CLB's

Regards Avi Halfon

Reply to
Avi Halfon

Avi, are you serious or just kidding? Of course you have to use two regulators to generate the supply voltages. Where do you think they would come from, and why do you think we mention these requirements in the data sheet ? And since the dynamic power consumption is proprtional to the clock speed, the 80% figure tells nothing about power consumption.

Peter Alfke

Avi Half>

Reply to
Peter Alfke