Source code for NIOS GNU toolchain

Does anyone know where I can download the source to the NIOS GNU toolchain? Altera's web site gives some instructions:

But when logging in to the FTP site, I can only see empty directories. Any suggestions?

Cheers, JonB

Reply to
Jon Beniston

Check again. I'm downloading a version 3.1 that has todays date on it.

I've downloaded previous versions, but never done much with them. It would be nice to add a little feature here or there. (like jumping to the source position from Insight to Visual Studio)

Not sure if its worth it though with rumors of an improved IDE with Nios II.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Land

Also, does anyone know of a document that details all of the instruction timings / latencies for NIOS?

Cheers, JonB

Reply to
Jon Beniston

Bizzare. Perhaps they were in the process of updating it when I looked. I've now got it, but it fails to build GCC on either Linux or CygWin:

./genattr ../../src/gcc/config/nios/nios.md > tmp-attr.h './../src/gcc/config/nios/nios.md:211: unknown rtx code `define_split ../../src/gcc/config/nios/nios.md:211: following context is ` [(set (match_operand:SI 0 "general_operand" "")'

Did it work for you?

Cheers, JonB

Reply to
Jon Beniston

Didn't work here, but I didn't try very hard. We used to use gcc in the early '90's and so I used to rebuild it on Solaris alot back then, but not since.

From looking through the gnuprotools distribution, all I see is code for the stdlibs - no gdb or insight or anything too interesting. Do you see more?

I'm not interested enough to put anymore into it. It does what I need as is.

:) Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Land

Ah! You need to strip the \r's from nios.md!

Cheers, JonB

Reply to
Jon Beniston