Please Help:Modelsim-Altera License "Verilog Computer Based training course"

Hello,

I bought this book "Verilog Computer-Based Training Course" CD-ROM and was trying to install Modelsim-Altera 5.5b. Exemplar LeonardoSpectrum and Quartus II 1.1 web edition tools that came with this book.

The book description says the tools has 1 year licensing for modelsim and leonardo spectrum. Here is the link to book description.

The manual that came with the cd-rom says that I can get the license for the above tools from Altera's web-site.

And author's website that has licensing instructions says that would be an option for Verilog CBT users for getting the license. but there is no option (may be the book's website needs to be updated...who cares I just want the solution as I spent money on this..!)

Here is the link to the licensing info given in the webiste that supports this book.

Now Quartus II works with the license that I got from Altera webiste for Quartus II webedition free. (I dont need this, I can download it for free as a evaluation software from Altera, I dont need to spend money..)

But I cannot run the modelsim-altera with the same license, and I am not sure how to obtain the license for 1 year.

Can anyone please..please..let me know how can I obtain license for modelsim-altera and leonardo spectrum for one year? I spent lot of money on this book, and I am facing problems now, not good..!!

I have emailed the author of the book whose email is in the support page of the book, but no use, and no reply.

I also talked to the Mcgraw-hill book company's (the publisher) tech support. They said they will investigate and let me know, but I am not sure how much time they will take..!

Finally I emailed the Altera. Lets see if they can help..!!

But any help you can give me would be really appriciated OR if any one had similar problem and found a solution, please let me know..!!

Thank you very very much.

-Venkat

Reply to
junnuthula