sinmple DMA Example for ML403

Hello all,

Does anybody have a simple dma example that dma's from a custom peripheral to the SRAM or SDRAM on the ML403 board? I really only need the VHDL for the custom peripheral & the source code for the example.

Thanks,

Harry

Reply to
Harry Stello

Harry Stello schrieb:

Harry,

DMA is usually not sinmple, you have to live with that. Try it out and by the time you have it working you have already learned something.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Antti,

I know how complicated DMA usually is, I've been working with DMA to/from the PCI bus with xilinx parts for about 8 years, so I really do understand. I have not, however, used the PPC to perform dma and this is why I have posted this question. So maybe my question should have been does anybody have an examlpe of how to dma single or multiple transactions between a custom peripheral on the OPB or PLB bus to one of the onboard memories on the ML403 development kit.

The xilinx documentation is not straight forward and the only example that I have come across using dma is the gigabit ethernet example, which is not by any stretch of the imagination simple.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Stello

Harry -

If you create a system that has PPC + plb_ethernet using BSB, it will generate TestApp_Peripheral that will show you how to use the ethernet core in DMA mode.

/Siva

Harry Stello wrote:

Reply to
Siva Velusamy