802.3x flow control - sending pause frames

Hello,

This is my first post to this newsgroup - greetings everyone.

I am working on a device that acts as a bridge, with 100Mbit Ethernet on one side, and a slow (

Reply to
Andrzej Ekiert

Andrzej Ekiert wrote: : Hello,

: This is my first post to this newsgroup - greetings everyone.

: I am working on a device that acts as a bridge, with 100Mbit Ethernet on : one side, and a slow (

Reply to
J Jackson

That's not that simple. This is a generic bridge and I don't know what kind of traffic it'll have to transfer. Connectionless protocols may happen.

Typical network looks like this: ____ ______ ______ / \__ | | | | / \

Reply to
Andrzej Ekiert

: > : I am working on a device that acts as a bridge, with 100Mbit Ethernet on : > : one side, and a slow ( : I want to implement sending of 802.3x Pause frames over the Ethernet link. : > : > Don't - rely on using TCP or another reliable Transport protocol to : > control the data flow. : >

: That's not that simple. This is a generic bridge and I don't know what : kind of traffic it'll have to transfer. Connectionless protocols may : happen.

Then there will be packet drop!