SDRAM HOW?

Hi.. I am trying to use SDRAM (not chip but SDRAM as i PCs)of micron in one of my projects (Gamin Console).IActually i want to use it to use it as Shared Ram (As vide and also for other purposes ).. I have designed its controller and have checked b simulation...but here is a problem to use it.. [b:8737ae6c30] Problem [/b:8737ae6c30]is that m [b:8737ae6c30]FPGA board donot have SDRA Socket[/b:8737ae6c30](bank).

I m using SDRAM of 32MB and so it has 16

pins .. So now the [b:8737ae6c30]solutions[/b:8737ae6c30] i fee are.. [b:8737ae6c30]1- Get fpga board or some extention board which hav it[/b:8737ae6c30 problem is that i m in university so will say my teacher t get a board and so this process may take long time...as i not wan that so avoiding it...but till i have requested to teache [b:8737ae6c30]2- Second Solution is i turn on to RAM chips and us different chips for different purposes (like one for Video and als some for other purposes)[/b:8737ae6c30] and not use a shared RAM This is also time consuming as i have to request teache and will also make some more complications as have to handl different small chips and i donot feel it professional...and als VRAM may be expensive and difficult to handle... But still i hav requested teacher for tha [b:8737ae6c30]3- Make my own PCB having slot for SDRAM (SDRA Socket)...[/b:8737ae6c30 Its not time consuming and i like to go for it althoug its a little complex.. Problem in that is ... in my market i am unable to fin SDRAM Socket to use in my PCB... So i have to get it from some ol Motherboard which is difficult and as pins of SDRAM are close enoug so may damage pins...but will tr and also PCB for it will be of two layers at least...an its too expensive ... so cannot go for two sided PCB...So i have to d it in Single sided PCB... the only thing i want from my pcb i to get the 168 pins (which are too closer) on some connector Pins..

[color=darkred:8737ae6c30]Plz Suggest..

FOR SOLUTION-1 tha Websites to Get economical FPGA or Extention boards havin SDRAM Socket in it (I m using VHDl and FPGA of Xilinx (any)

FOR SOLUTION-2 tha

Websites to Get economical chips of SDRAM nad VRAM

FOR SOLUTION-3 tha

Links Where to get SSDRAM Socket... Suggestion to do it on Single sided PCB..

ANY OTHER SOLUTION [/color:8737ae6c30

Thank

Reply to
fahadislam2002

Easiest way to get chips would be to strip them off a module

Digikey stock a range of sockets. For a standard Unbuffered SDRAM, the part number is WM1712-ND

Reply to
Mike Harrison

This low-cost board has 32mbytes of SDRAM onboard :

Mike Harrison

Hi

  1. I dont know of any extention boards for DDR. I also don't know o

any cheap development kits for DDR. Xilinx DDR Development ML361 cos around $2,500

  1. no clue here

3.) I think you are looking for DIMM Socket Connectors

I think #3 would be very hard. If you have time and lots money I woul do this (in fact I am for my Masters Project, but I am doing DDR2 wit this board -

Buildin your own board is hard, requires board design skills, more importantl board design software

My best advice is go with number 1. Much easier.

Good luck. I wish you the best.

-Ton

Reply to
Tony30

number is WM1712-ND

Digikey stocks Micron now. No need to strip chips off a module.

Darrell Harmon

dlharmon