How much time margin should I give to a SDRAM interface via FPGA?

My altera FPGA is connected to a SDRAM on the prototype board. Assume the clock frequency is 100MHz, how much margin should I give to the SDRAM? 3ns? 5ns?

Reply to
news reader

Huh?

Read your DRAM's specs and arrange your FPGA's timings to meet your particular DRAM's setup and hold times just like you should already be doing for any other external IC... or any clocked component for that matter.

Reply to
Daniel S.

assume the SDRAM is 133MHz type, and my FPGA system design clock is 90MHz. During simulation I use 10ns clock, and timing satisfied. Will it guarantee that the system will work after setup/hold time is satisfied?

For a large board with 133MHz SDRAM and FPGA, what are the approx. range of interconnect delays between FPGA pins and SDRAM pins?

Reply to
news reader

Hi News, You should learn how to Google! ;-) propagation delay trace HTH, Syms.

Reply to
Symon