Same bitstream files give different behavior.

Hi All, This may be a strange question .. I program 9 Xilinx Devices with the same bitstream file. But some of them behave differently from the others. Can anyone give me any suggestions on why this could be happening ? Is the problem internal to Xilinx (if i am on the edge of timing on some signals) or it is outside in the signals coming to them ? Any pointers will be really appreciated, Thanks, Adarsh

Reply to
Adarsh Kumar Jain

Have you simulated your design? Is it fully synchronous? What is your external clock rate?

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

I had the same experience due to a bug (mine) crossing clock domains between 1x and 2x clocks. IIRC the problem was not a source code issue, rather a missing or incorrect timing constraint. Some devices happened to be fast enough where the unconstrained path was OK, others failed. This was in Altera/Quartus.

Hope this helps,

-rajeev-

Reply to
Rajeev