Rodney Smith, long term Altera CEO, dies in accident

"Rodney Smith, a sports-car loving executive who built a startup programmable-logic company called Altera into an industry powerhouse, was killed Friday in a bicycle accident in Menlo Park. Smith, who retired four years as chairman and CEO of the FPGA company, was 67"

Without Rodney, Altera wouldn't have been like it is today - my condoleances.

Luc

Reply to
lb.edc

More than 30 years ago, we worked together at Fairchild, and he was my best friend. My condolences to his wife Mary and to the Altera community. In sorrow, Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Oh no. RIP Rodney.

Reply to