rocketIO simulation

Does anyone have a feel for at what point rocketIO simulation becomes necessary.

I have an FPGA right next to my PCIExpress card fingers so I have not simulated (I don't have the tools). But I now ideally need to move the FPGA about three inches away and I'm starting to wonder.

The board is not busy at all so the routing is direct.

Any thoughts?

Colin

Reply to
colin

I assume you mean signal integrity simulation. In my opinion if you design your tracks for proper impedance it will work just fine. We have done simulations for quite a bit longer connections, albeit it was for Aurora protocol, and they proved to be very robust (in simulation) at the speeds comparable to baseline PCIExpress. If you want to hear from professional SI folks ask this question at the SI mailing list:

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM