Register Map coding style

Hi, What is the best way to code a register map in a SOC? We have something like 15 different cores that all have a bunch of modes and flags that are accessible through the i2c and spi port. Should you bring all those register in a central module and use a simple read/write bus from the i2c module? Or should you keep them in their respective module and use a global read/write bus (then i guess you need one data bus per module unless you tristate on chip).

Any other idea? I'm just wondering what people do in general. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
gretzteam