Re: Pricing question....

"Kolja Sulimma" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

A few weeks ago I send out a request for quotes for 100 > pieves XC2S200 > to all european xilinx distributors and got a single > response!

You are so damn right, same problem here in Italy. :( I gave up some time ago, now I buy Xilinx parts from Digikey for the prototypes, and I let the assembliers buy them for the production.

I wonder why Xilinx doesn't have a WebShop where you can buy anything... why only the CPLDs? And why it doesn't provide a direct samples service like other big companies? Each time I ask my distributor for a sample is a pain in the ass, I never know when (or if) it will arrive.

--
Lorenzo
Reply to

If you are getting free Xilinx samples you are doing better than in the US. Xilinx does not sample FPGAs in the US and I have never gotten a disti to sample one either.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
removed.