QuartusII Ver11.0 programmer problems?

I have a client who is trying to use the QuartusII Ver 11.0 stand alone programmer to program a Cyclone IV board, and is having problems and his machine isn't seeing the programmer (It's an Entner EEBlaster but it also can't see a Terasic blaster so I'm confident that isn't the problem).

Version 9.0 of the programmer can see it OK but can't drive the Cyclone IV on his board.

Has anyone seen any problems like this before and have any recommendations?

Thanks for any pointers,

Nial Stewart

---------------------------------------------------------- Nial Stewart Developments Ltd Tel: +44 131 516 8883

32/12 Hardengreen Business Park Fax: +44 131 663 8771 Dalkeith, Midlothian EH22 3NX
Nial Stewart

"Nial Stewart" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Hello, I had problems when installed very old FTDI drivers. Altera programmer gets frustrated when any FTDI chip is connected, but works if drivers are new. Tell the customer to unplug all the USBUART devices firstly or better to unplug everything from the USB, except the programmer.

Regards, Tomas D.

Reply to
scrts

frustrated when any

unplug all the

the programmer.

For future reference....

He got things working by installing Q 11 but pointing his machine at the Q 9 driver files.

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart