project help

hi everyone

      I am doing a  fpga based project for my engineering course
completion.
camera will be connected to the kit. the kit have to process the image
caught and displaythe color in the led.

The project is to process an image caught by a digital camera(. I have
to store the image caught by the camera in fpga memory as a bit map
image and will find the average color of the image and to display it in

the led of fpga. I am using verilog hdl .  this is the camera that i
will use.

http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/it.A/id.42/.f?sc=8&category24%1
  ( i have only pdf so kindly use this link for all details)
    * Image sensor resolution , interface can be seen in the above
link.interface is surely  not USB..I am a software student and new to
this .please suggest me the *interface and *frame rate by seeing the
camera.

*speed is not a issue in my project.

image processing algorithms are to be developed yet for this project.
finding the average color of an image is the process..i dont think it
will be a big process.

   *LED is enough
No software constraints like linux.
BGA required

 now please guide me with
the right fpga that i can go for. I hope one million gates are well
enough for this project. But I am not sure with the amount of RAM that
is needed. Is spartan 3 XCS 1000 of xilinx ok. I am not sure. Please
suggest me with right fpga and amount of memory needed for this project

and everything that i have to check before buying

Re: project help
I findit arrogant and presumptious that you don't even bother to
develop some ideas about the structure of your design, before you dump
it all on this newsgroup.
Remenber: This is a homework assignment for you, not for us!
Peter Alfke

Re: project help

I am afraid you will not know the size of the FPGA you need until later
on the development cycle.
First you should study your camera, and the way you are going to
interface it.
Then you should study the algorithms you are going to use, and find the
simpler one that will get your job done.
Then you can implement it all and simulate your design using the
Webpack software.

And you are done !!!

You know for sure what FPGA fits your design, so now you can buy one of
the kits available to implement your design, just order the board, and
after a bit of soldering it should all work.

Don't expect this to be fast nor simple as it is your first time, there
are many tools you have to learn how to use.

Best regards

Josep Duran

Re: project help

So you cannot even be bothered with reading the document and determining
the resolution and interface on your own?  We have to waste our time
looking for something you should be able to tell us?  Help from the
participants in this community comes to those who put forth some effort
and ask for help on that basis. You get out of coursework what you put
into it, in your case 0.

    ~Dave~

Site Timeline